As DelCor’s founder and CEO, Loretta is the inspiration for her company’s work with associations and nonprofits. She has a particular interest in mission-critical business systems, such as AMS, and is an advocate for project management for complex IT projects.
Loretta has served on ASAE’s Board of Directors and chaired a number of ASAE committees. For her exemplary support of the association community, Loretta received ASAE’s 2015 Academy of Leaders Award and was named Association TRENDS 2017 Association Partner of the Year. She was named an ASAE Fellow in 2007, an honor bestowed upon less than one percent of ASAE’s membership.
Loretta’s commitment to the local community is evidenced in both her personal and professional endeavors. She serves on the Board of Visitors of Children’s National Medical Center and previously served on the Board of Directors of Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic.
She has a B.S. in Business Management from the University of Maryland, Summa Cum Laude.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Loretta accidentally ended up in entrepreneurship and started selling databases and apps to companies
- Loretta’s “turn back” moment and how she fought through doubts to continue on her entrepreneurial path
- How Loretta’s ability to rely on and trust her teammates has brought her business a unique level of success
- Why Loretta entered – and stuck with – the association market and what makes it different from other markets
- What Loretta views as the most important thing she has learned to make herself a better leader
- The values Loretta follows to keep her employees with her company for twenty years or more
- Changes Loretta is seeing in the association market and how organizations can roll with those changes
- The impending challenges associations are facing and the questions associations should ask themselves in order to come up with solutions
Additional resources from Eric Thurston:
Additional resources from Loretta DeLuca:
- Website: https://www.delcor.com/